fine art students at DIT .

Monday, January 5, 2009

Usefulness of Attending Artist's Talks

Recently I attended an Artist's Lecture given by William McKeown at IMMA. The class had been to his exhibition and I noticed on the information leaflet provided that he was due to give a talk. I registered for the talk by e-mail and received a booking reference by return which I had to bring on the night.

I found the lecture very informative, the Artist spoke about his practice and how he approaced his work. He showed images of his work on screen and explained the background to them and spoke about his influences and inspirations.

After the hour long talk, there was a reception where the Artist was present and available to answer any questions.

As a result of attending this lecture, I would recommend that where possible, we as students should attend such venues. This IMMA lecture was held at night time and was free of charge so we have no excuses.

Mary Coffey

No comments: